This baseplate is designed by the Syndicate team in a strive to minimise weight and optimise the physics of a RED Komodo mounted on a DJI RS2 gimbal. It’s 3D printed, and made out of carbon infused PLA plastic.
– This baseplate offsets the camera almost 40mm towards the right / blind side of the camera. This puts much less stress on the gimbals roll motor and makes the whole setup more compact. And it allows for heavier setups without any roll counter weights to be needed. Basically it draws full benefits from Komodos small left / right dimensions.
– Low profile, it adds a less hight to the camera body then the original dovetail. Which makes the setup more compact and less inertia stress on the motors.
– As it’s so low profile it also allows for counter weights to come as closer to the body in a perfect position, lower back, without interfere with the roll motor.
– The number of counter weight mount points and positions are optimised to guarantee the camera can take the biggest lens / camera loads possible and still stay in good balance.
– The screw slot is long and wide enough to allow preferably one 3/8 -16 screw into the KipperTie “Revolva Chinstrap” and one into the camera body. Preferably with cone shaped heads to provide most perfect alignment.
This baseplate is sold as pictured with 3 Screws. 2X UNC3/8″-16 + 1 X UNC1/4″-20
No counter weights are included. Its designed around Smallrig´s and Tiltas 1/4″ threaded counter weights.