Designed by the Syndicate team in a strive to minimise weight and optimise the physics of a RED Komodo mounted on a DJI RS2 gimbal. It’s 3D printed in carbon infused PLA plastic. Pictures here are CG images, in reality it looks more… 3D printed.
– Offsets the camera body almost a full 40mm towards the right / blind side of the camera. This puts much less stress on the gimbals roll motor and makes the setup more compact, to allows for heavier setups without any roll counter weights needed. Basically this basplate draw full benefits from Komodo´s small left / right dimensions.
– Low profile, less hight to the camera body then the original DJI dovetail. Again more compact, less inertia, less stress on motors.
– Allow counter weights to come closer to the body. To a perfect position low / behind, without getting in conflict with the roll motor.
– The number of counter weight mount points and positions are optimized to guarantee that camera can take on the biggest lens / camera loads possible and still stay balance.
– The screw slot is long and wide enough to allow preferably one 3/8 -16 screw into the KipperTie “Revolva Chinstrap” and one into the camera body. Preferably a cone shaped heads to provide most perfect alignment.
This baseplate is sold as pictured without screws
No counter weights are included. Its designed around Smallrig´s and Tiltas 1/4″ threaded counter weights.